COMPOST & MULCH AVAILABLE AT OC LANDFILLS
Looking for STA Certified compost and/or mulch in Orange County? Compost and mulch are currently *FREE from Bee Canyon Greenery at Frank R. Bowerman Landfill in Irvine and Capistrano Greenery at Prima Deshecha Landfill in San Juan Capistrano. OC Waste & Recycling is accepting requests for compost and/or mulch from Orange County residents, commercial businesses, local cities and government agencies.
Please note, April 1 we will be hosting a County-wide compost giveaway and individual appointments will be paused. Residents are still welcome to join for the giveaway and pick up free compost as part of the event.
STEPS TO SUBMIT A REQUEST & SCHEDULE A PICK-UP OF COMPOST/MULCH:
- Click here to schedule an appointment to pick up compost/mulch - be sure to select the preferred service location.
- You will receive email confirmation when you submit your request with instructions on when, where, and how to pick up your compost/mulch.
- Please note that the greeneries are self-service sites that require you to bring your own tools and containers to load your material (shovels, buckets, bags, etc.).
- Staff will be available for questions and guidance. If you should need special assistance, please make a note in your appointment selection form for consideration.
- Click here for details on the difference between compost and mulch and for tips on composting.
DIRECTION TO GREENERIES:
- San Juan Capistrano
COMPOST & MULCH PICK-UP IS BASED ON AVAILABILITY AT EACH LANDFILL SITE.
FRANK R. BOWERMAN LANDFILL, Irvine – The Bee Canyon Greenery has STA Certified compost and mulch available and is co-located at the Frank R. Bowerman Landfill (11002 Bee Canyon Access Road, Irvine, CA 92602).
PRIMA DESHECHA LANDFILL, San Juan Capistrano – The Capistrano Greenery has STA Certified compost and mulch available and is co-located at the Prima Deshecha Landfill (32250 Avenida La Pata, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675).
*Requests for free compost and/or mulch are processed based upon availability. Compost and/or mulch material are provided as a resource for the community and cannot be resold. The provision of free compost and/or mulch may be discontinued at any time should a rate structure be implemented.
For larger bulk orders of compost and/or mulch material, questions or more information please email: SB1383@ocwr.ocgov.com.